State General Reserve Fund (SGRF) was established in 1980 by a Royal Decree 1/80. It endeavors to achieve long term sustainable returns on the revenues generated from the oil and gas, and that are surplus to the state's budgetary requirements
On behalf of the Government of Oman, SGRF manages the reserves placed in its care to achieve best possible long term returns with acceptable risks, through investing in a diversified portfolio of asset classes in more than 25 countries worldwide.
SGRF is regulated and supervised by the Financial Affairs and Energy Resources Council (FAERC).
To execute on and enhance the followings:
- Maximize returns while prudently managing its risk profile
- Invest strategically with long term time horizon for Oman’s future generations
- Leverage global relationships to facilitate investments and build Oman’s Economy
- Attract global investments and experiences through global relations net
- Develop its current platform into Human Resource Center of Excellence
- Communicate and engage with community regarding SGRF's role in the future of Oman
- Play a local investment leadership role and facilitate global best practices
SGRF has a juristic personality and an independent financial status. It is regulated and supervised by the Financial Affairs and Energy Resources Council (FAERC).
SGRF has a Board of Directors which is responsible for the overall portfolio performance and the implementation of the policies and regulations as set by FAERC.
SGRF has a robust governance framework with clearly defined policies, process and procedures.The Management of SGRF is empowered by the Board to manage the Fund's investments and operational activities. SGRF has a number of committees to assist and support the Board and the Executive President in the decision making process.
State General Reserve Fund, Beach One Building - Level 5
Muscat PC 100